- Reseller Site
- 3D Print Lab
DesignUse 3D software to create your model
UploadSave your model and upload it
QuoteWe will send you a quote
3D PrintYour files get 3D printed and Quality checked
DeliverYour project gets delivered to your door
EUROPE / MIDDLE EAST
We are here to help!
Q & A with Sterling
1.Where were you born and where are you living now?
I was born in Sydney and now live on the Gold Coast
2. How did you get into 3D modelling using VR?
I tried the the PSVR and then bought an Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus release Medium and Quill free with the purchase of a Headset, Immediately I was blown away at the fluid ease and creative freedom in Medium, Also TiltBrush, Gravity Sketch and Tvori.
3.Tell us about the System you use.
A Rebuilt Lenovo S30 Xeon 3.20GHZ 12 Thread 48GB ram and a GTX 1070ti 8GB – nice for a complete frankenmachine.
4. Why did you get into 3D printing and how long have you been doing it?
I watched the Industry change and moved into 3d printing, Taught myself by making heaps of mistakes and actively engaging in online 3D print community. First 3D printer was an Anet A8,
5. What is your favorite things to 3d design and print?
Sculptures made in VR, Personal Pieces and some Microfunded Statues from the amazing online community.
6. What printers do you have at the moment?
4X CR10s and two Phrozen Shuffle and XL also a Wanhao D7 which is an amazing unit, when dialled in.
7. What is you favourite 3D printer?
Phroxen XL and Shuffle.
8. What software do you use for 3d modeling?
Zbrush, Medium, 3D Coat, Houdini, Blender, Gravity Sketch, Meshmixer,
9. What about for slicing? & Supports?
B9, ChituBox, NanoDlp, Photon Validator
10. Why did you fall in love with our Monocure Resin?
Clear Flex and Rapid Clear, Adding pigments is really cool.
11. How do you post cure your models?
Once clean and not tacky I use a UV nail Cure station, The smell is important – usually 5 blocks of 130 seconds
12. How do you clean your models?
Dish Soap and warm water, soft brush to clean the details – also vinegar in a spray bottle with dish soap / then dry with a hair dryer, then same again with a spray bottle of IPA – flush the interior / warm water and hair dry and check the surface.
13. When finishing your models, do you paint, spray or brush? What is your process?
All methods – Grey Stynylrez model primer, Airbrush for block colour, Acrylic paint for brush work in layers, Black wash and highlight,
14. What type of paint do you use?
Vallejo airbrush paint, any Acrylic, Gloss – Automotive
15. What advice can you give to a person starting out in 3D modelling and 3D printing?
Make mistakes and join forums, ask questions and be nice, tag and respect the people that take time to help and teach, even if it comes off as criticism sometimes.
16. When your not 3D printing or designing, what do you do in your spare time?
Learning, 3D printing and designing, Observation and reference of nature.
17. Where’s your favourite holiday destination and why?
Holiday’s? Japan never been – hope to one day
18. Where do you think 3D printing will be in 10 years time?
Just like photography and rapid shutter technology, in the next 5 years we will see 3D prints in minutes.
In 10 years Neural link technology and AI will start producing highly efficient designs based on core rules of physics and true functional use based on need and behaviour.
Humans and Environmental comfort will benefit as well as AI driven robotics. Cars, Houses, Items that take huge manufacture overheads will merge into close contact consumer behaviour – as accessible as your fridge or washing machine.
19. Any awards, memorable moments, funny stories you would like to share?
Winning a VR Animation Contest Using Tvori and Medium.
My work featured in mediums start screen,
My VR pottery Video.
Lead 3D design and Digital Sculpting of 3D printing a Full Suit for a feature film – Setting up an Array of machines and managing the 3D print production line, prepping and running the prints for practical FX layout and fabrication.
Freedom to Think, Design, Create and 3D print.
Free Model (STL) Downloads
Sterling has offered us a few of his original model designs for you to download and print. Please enter your details below to gain instant access to the models for an instant download.